Monday, February 3, 2014

Food& Greed (2)

Do you ever get  thoughts  like...

I know there are 3 more large cookies there...man I'd love one Or maybe all 3...
Or Wow, I'd love ice cream (even though you've just eaten a good meal and it sure isn't your stomach which is crying out for more...)

Where are these cravings coming from?

Well, you may be craving something entirely different than food but after years of responding by feeding yourself,  feeding more is what you're likely to keep doing unless you stop the cycle...

One tip I've found is to distract myself...whether it be by reading the Word, listening to enjoyable music, getting the phone, working out, setting up regular beauty treatments at your local...it gets your mind off feeding to make yourself feel better! In other words, seeking to give a quick kick to your Serotonin (and Adrenalin levels)...the feel good hormone...

Another step is to change what you eat...eat more low gluten, slow release foods...they will keep you feeling satisfied for longer. I think of eating cooked plantain in coconut oil. I usually don't seek a dessert afterwards. They do the trick. Sweet, filling but actually high in fiber! I suppose another equivalent is eating a banana...

If you can think of other ways to make yourself feel 'happy' tell me more...it could help you lose weight!


These are some more verses which I've come across...

Luke 12:13-21

Application:
1. How do the above verses apply to you today?
2. Did you find it hard to repent of any forms of Greed in your life?
3. Is there anything else other than food that you find has been acquired in greedy amounts?
4. Pray to God asking to show you which areas of your life has been in excess.





No comments:

Post a Comment